My kindest thanks go to:
- Carrs the Bakers: for the best pies in non-league football (at Stalybridge Celtic AFC);
- Steve Fisher (Starlord): a regular visitor to this website and all-round grammar guru, picking up on grammatical imperfections which may exist within this piece of hallowed server space;
- Pilot: for their excellent gel ink pens, an important instrument in the creation of my poetry.
- Donna Williams: fellow artie, writer and a good friend of mine for several years.
- Christina Longden: long time family friend and fellow creative.
- The Town End pie hut at Stalybridge Celtic AFC: this is also for the home made soup as well as the pies;
- Cafe D'Oro on Ashton Market: try the Chai tea and their paninis - absolutely gorgeous;
- Taylor's of Harrogate: two words: 'Yorkshire Tea'; no other tea will do;
- Stalybridge Station Buffet Bar: the greatest source in the UK for real ale and its infamous black peas;
- John Tribe: former LWT graphic designer, fellow typographical anorak and lover of all things Art Deco.
Gone but not forgotten
- Nadim's Cafe: sadly gone thanks to the 2004 Ashton Market fire. They used to do great chocolate milk shakes;
- Greater Manchester Transport: need I say more: the buses, and that livery which has inspired this website;
- The Class 101 DMU: once a common sight on British Rail, nice springy seats which lined up with the windows and slam door access. The Pacers cannot beat these even now;
- Ace Computers: the very place which got me interested in Commodore 64 games, formerly ran by artist Lizzie van Dottie.
This version of The Stuart Vallantine Web Experience has been designed using the Skeleton framework, which allows this site to work on smartphones and digital tablets as well as PCs. There is a generous helping of HTML5, CSS3 and JQuery code, and the excellent Font Awesome icons.
Typography choices and graphical style by yours truly, from thumbnail sketch to PC.
© 2006 - 2015 Stuart Vallantine